The engine shown is very similar to the sixty horsepower Corliss that ran the machinery at Camp McKinney. The engine and equipment were brought in from the defunct Rainbow Mine at Wannacut Lake in Washingron State. The equipment was fully functional at the Cariboo-Amelia by April 24, 1894. The Corliss would have to be at least two years older than the example shown given the logistics of shipping to the northwest and operating for a time at the Rainbow Mine. Corliss was a very efficient and trouble free unit and newspaper articles concerning the Cariboo-Amelia state few problems occurred.
The video is courtesy of the New England Wireless and Steam Museum in East Greenwich, Rhode Island. Visit their website at newsm.org to see their interesting collection.